Cataloguing and Collections Volunteers
The David Livingstone Birthplace exists to create a home for sharing the bold, frank and open accounts of the pioneering life of Dr David Livingstone and his associates, encouraging all voices to be heard, celebrating determination and diversity, and inspiring a world of change.
We are progressive thinkers, caretakers of a home where inspiration grew, where conversations sparked ideas, where exploring the whole world was possible, and where open mindedness sparked progress, and adventure beckoned. We will continue to provide a platform for communities to converse, to dream, to hope and to progress. We will inspire change.
Who would this role appeal to:
- That enjoys working indoors
- Interested in Museums and Culture
- Is knowledgeable about David Livingstone or is willing to learn
You willl be supplied with PPE.
- Cataloguing the archival and wider collection of the David Livingstone Trust.
- Using cataloguing software.
- Transferring data from Excel spreadsheets and historic documentation into the database.
- Conducting research on objects in the collection.
- Data inputting and handling.
- Capturing images of objects in the collection.
- Safe handling of objects.
- Re-housing museum objects.
- Marking and Labelling museum objects Ensuring that the work is carried out with public’s safety and enjoyment in mind.
- Interest in working indoors.
- Enthusiasm and appreciation of museums.
- Ability to work within a team and willingness to learn new skills.
Time and Level of Commitment
Minimum 4 hours a week (am or pm) ongoing (potentially on a Monday) .
Key Team Members Support
Lead Collections Volunteer.
- Induction and relevant training (e.g. tools) will be provided.
- On-going support will be available.
To apply and for further information please contact: email@example.com.
Also see Volunteer section.