Collections and Conservation Volunteer
- Assisting with cataloguing, inventory checking and packing the collection;
- Assisting with basic cleaning of objects;
- Conducting object research.
- Interest in the life and work of David Livingstone;
- Interest in historical objects;
- Ability to work within a team and willingness to learn new skills.
Time and Level of Commitment
- Minimum 3 hours a week dependent on availability of volunteer and project requirements (this is flexible however, so if you can volunteer less or more please get in touch).
Key Team Members Support
- Learning Manager and relevant Birthplace Project team member (Centre Manager, Curator, Conservator, Documentation Officer), other volunteers.
- Induction and relevant training (e.g. object handling, documentation, basic conservation skills) will be provided;
- On-going support will be available.
- Elena Trimarchi, Learning Manager, email@example.com
Also see Volunteer section.