Community Ambassador Volunteers
The David Livingstone Birthplace exists to create a home for sharing the bold, frank and open accounts of the pioneering life of Dr David Livingstone and his associates, encouraging all voices to be heard, celebrating determination and diversity, and inspiring a world of change.
We are progressive thinkers, caretakers of a home where inspiration grew, where conversations sparked ideas, where exploring the whole world was possible, and where open mindedness sparked progress, and adventure beckoned. We will continue to provide a platform for communities to converse, to dream, to hope and to progress. We will inspire change.
We are looking for promotional volunteers to help project staff raise the profile of the project by going into the community and speaking about the project to community groups and members of the community.
This role would appeal to anyone:
- Who is a confident communicator who loves talking to a wide range of people and is interested in the David Livingstone Story or local history.
- Interested in Museums and Culture.
- Contacting community groups to arrange to speak to them about the project and arrange dates/times for presentations.
- Giving presentations about the David Livingstone Birthplace Project using our pre-prepared presentation slides, answering questions and promoting other activities.
- Assist in the evaluation of the sessions. No experience is necessary.
- Flexible approach.
- Consummate communicator.
- Enjoys meeting a diverse range of people.
Time and Level of Commitment
Minimum 4 hours a week (am or pm) ongoing (Monday Friday)
Key Team Members Support
- Induction and relevant training (e.g. material / equipment) will be provided.
- On-going support will be available.
To apply and for further information please contact: email@example.com.
Also see Volunteer section.