The David Livingstone Birthplace exists to create a home for sharing the bold, frank and open accounts of the pioneering life of Dr David Livingstone and his associates, encouraging all voices to be heard, celebrating determination and diversity, and inspiring a world of change.
We are progressive thinkers, caretakers of a home where inspiration grew, where conversations sparked ideas, where exploring the whole world was possible, and where open mindedness sparked progress, and adventure beckoned. We will continue to provide a platform for communities to converse, to dream, to hope and to progress. We will inspire change.
We are looking for volunteers interested in maintaining our wonderful gardens which are an integral part of our visitor experience.
You will be supplied with garden tools and PPE.
Note: We are also looking for occasional volunteers who can spare some time every now and then to volunteer to undertake specific projects (usually at weekends).
This role would appeal to anyone:
- That enjoys working outdoors
- Loves gardening
- Is knowledgeable about plants or is willing to learn
Looking after the gardens. Tasks depend on the season but will include:
- Grass cutting
- Hedge trimming
- Leaf clearance
Ensuring that the work is carried out with public’s safety and enjoyment in mind.
- Interest in working outdoors
- Enthusiasm and appreciation of plants and trees in a park setting
- Ability to work within a team and willingness to learn new skills
- Knowledge of plants is not essential but very useful!
Time and Level of Commitment
Minimum 3-5 hours per fortnight (on a Thursday) during the winter, possibly more frequent during spring and summer.
Key Team Members Support
Head Gardening Volunteer.
- Induction and relevant training (e.g. tools) will be provided;
- On-going support will be available.
To apply and for further information please contact: email@example.com.
Also see Volunteer section.