Local History Day
Date: 28 May 2022 (11:00-16:00)
Join David Livingstone Birthplace and a number of local history societies for a Local History Day.
Investigate Lanarkshire’s local history and learn how to research your own family history. Discover what local heritage projects are happening in the area and how to get involved.
David Livingstone Birthplace and various groups will be presenting their work throughout the day.
Groups joining us:
- Lanarkshire Family History Society: Helping people research their family history primarily in Lanarkshire's parishes, and hold information on other areas of Scotland.
- Clutha Archaeology group: Promoting and encouraging interest in the study of archaeology, history & heritage with special reference to Greater Glasgow & the Clyde Valley area.
- Blantyre Heritage Group: A heritage group for anybody interested in the history of Blantyre.
- Bothwellhaugh Ex-Residents Group: Bothwellhaugh Ex-Residents Group’s goal is to keep the memories and camaraderie of the forgotten Lanarkshire mining village alive.
- Lanarkshire Police Heritage Group: A focal point and network for all who are interested in policing in Lanarkshire, encouraging the preservation of relevant police archives and artefacts and promoting their accessibility to the general public and to forge and maintain strategic links with the local community and relevant academic institutions.
Presentations and talks will be held between 14:00 - 16:00.
- Clutha Archaeology
- David Livingstone Birthplace Museum
- Blantyre Heritage Group
This is a drop-in event - there’s no need to book!
Please also see our other Events information.