The David Livingstone Birthplace exists to create a home for sharing the bold, frank and open accounts of the pioneering life of Dr David Livingstone and his associates, encouraging all voices to be heard, celebrating determination and diversity, and inspiring a world of change.
We are progressive thinkers, caretakers of a home where inspiration grew, where conversations sparked ideas, where exploring the whole world was possible, and where open mindedness sparked progress, and adventure beckoned. We will continue to provide a platform for communities to converse, to dream, to hope and to progress. We will inspire change.
We will have a brand-new Museum exhibition, as well as a new and contemporary café and shop. Thus we are looking for volunteers to work in our shop in the role of Retail Volunteer. The role will be to engage with visitors to ensure they have an informative, enjoyable experience. This is a vital role as they are the face of the David Livingstone Birthplace.
Resources will be supplied such as till and name badge.
This role would appeal to anyone:
- That enjoys meeting new people.
- Enjoys working in a retail environment.
- Has an interest in history and heritage.
- To sell and promote retail products in the David Livingstone Birthplace Shop.
- To merchandise products.
- Talk to visitors.
- Collect feedback from visitors.
- To manage and monitor cash transactions.
- To help with the management of stock and ordering.
- Good oral communication skills and the ability to engage with a wide range of people.
- The ability to provide a welcoming retail environment, maintaining a well-ordered range of products that are displayed in an attractive and appealing manner to our target audiences.
- Previous experience in a retail environment would be advantageous but not essential.
Time and Level of Commitment
Minimum 4 hours a week (am or pm) ongoing (Monday - Sunday).
Key Team Members Support
- Information about David Livingstone and the museum.
- Merchandising training.
To apply and for further information please contact: email@example.com.
Also see Volunteer section.