The Scottish National Memorial to David Livingstone Trust (The David Livingstone Trust) is a Registered Charity, SC015490.
The David Livingstone Trust (DLT) was entrusted in 1930 with the ownership of David Livingstone Birthplace at Blantyre, which includes the Category A-Listed Building of his birth, surrounding parkland, and the original 2,000 piece David Livingstone collection.
The Birthplace Project managed by the Trust, relaunched the David Livingstone Birthplace site. The reimagined museum is able to interpret Livingstone’s story for a new generation, telling his life-story from multiple perspectives, from his humble beginnings as a Blantyre mill-worker to becoming a world famous explorer.
The governance arrangements are established in the Memorandum of Association (of 1930 and 1990). These constitutional documents identify three types of governor as set out in detail below:
- Her Majesty’s Secretary of State for Scotland
- His Excellency, The High Commissioner, Republic of Botswana
- His Excellency, The High Commissioner, Republic of Zimbabwe
- His Excellency, The High Commissioner, Republic of Malawi
- His Excellency, The High Commissioner, Republic of Zambia
- Chair, Dr Isabel Bruce OBE
- Vice-Chair, Dr Neil L Wilson, (David Livingstone’s Great Great Grandson)
- Mrs Elspeth J Murdoch, (David Livingstone’s Great Granddaughter)
- The Lord Lieutenant of the County of Lanark
- The Provost, South Lanarkshire Council
- Miller MacLean
- Douglas Hay
- Graeme Walker
- Kenneth Norris
- Yonah Matemba
- Kate Simpson
- Executive Committee
- Audit & Risk Committee
- Development & Funding Committee
- Nominations and Governance Committee
- Sir Kenneth Calman
- Andrew Smith
DLBM seeks to be Collaborative: Working together with community groups, organisations, artists, educators and activists both locally and internationally who support our values.
Find out more about our Partnerships.