Visitor Support Volunteers
The David Livingstone Birthplace exists to create a home for sharing the bold, frank and open accounts of the pioneering life of Dr David Livingstone and his associates, encouraging all voices to be heard, celebrating determination and diversity, and inspiring a world of change.
We are progressive thinkers, caretakers of a home where inspiration grew, where conversations sparked ideas, where exploring the whole world was possible, and where open mindedness sparked progress, and adventure beckoned. We will continue to provide a platform for communities to converse, to dream, to hope and to progress. We will inspire change.
The role of the Front of House volunteer is to engage with visitors to ensure they have an informative, enjoyable experience. This is a vital role as they are the face of the David Livingstone Birthplace.
You will be supplied with the resources you need such as a desk and access to a computer.
This role would appeal to anyone:
- Meeting new people.
- Enjoys story-telling and talking to the public.
- Has a keen interest in local and international history or who wants to develop one.
- Welcome visitors at reception.
- Deliver guided tours.
- Talk to visitors.
- Collect feedback from visitors.
- Good oral communication skills and the ability to engage with a wide range of people.
- An interest in David Livingstone, or local history.
- An interest in bringing history to life.
Time and Level of Commitment
Minimum 4 hours a week (am or pm) ongoing (Monday - Sunday) This role will not be operational until the museum reopens in the summer of 2020. However, expressions of interest are sought now as there will be a lead in period of induction and training to facilitate the role.
Key Team Members Support
Lead Visitor Support Volunteer / Operations Manager.
Full training will be provided:
- Information about David Livingstone, the themes of the museum and the themes of the tours.
- Guided tour training.
To apply and for further information please contact: email@example.com.
Also see Volunteers section.